Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What's in my Travel Bag? - Make Up Edition


Hi, fellow beauties!

So, welcome to the first upload on my second upload day. Actually it's the first in the week, all with Tuesday coming first before Friday, but you get the drift.

Today I have the second part of my travel bag contents for you, which is mainly consisting of the make up products that I took with me on holiday, but also of the perfume and the brushes I used in London.

As always I will be naming the products from left to right and, if necessary, rear to front.
Without much further ado, enjoy!



Face:

Estée Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelée Blush, Tease: I decided only to take two different shades of blushes and this light pink coloured one is the one I had been reaching for most often anyways. It gives the skin an amazing natural glow and flush of colour. Another big plus of this blush is that it can be used as a highlighter as well without any problems. Two birds with one stone.

Manhattan Powder Rouge, Apricot: The other blusher shade which is typical for me is coral / apricot. Thinking about it, this one was an obvious choice because it is in fact the only blush of that colour range I own that is not liquid. But also because it's lovely.

MAC Matchmaster Foundation: Matchmaster is my to-go foundation because it has a really good coverage that is not too heavy but good enough for my oily skin that is prone to blemishes. I just know, I can trust it in every situation.

Annayake Poudre Libre, Transparent (under the MAC powder): The very first plus of this powder is the packaging. I didn't have too much space in my suitcase and as this powder is loose and without a mirror and doesn't take up space that's needed for other products. But that's not the only reason, of course. This powder has a somewhat diffusing effect and makes my skin look so much better. Even though it is transparent, I have the feeling that it enhances the coverage of my foundation.

MAC Powder Blush, Harmony: Next to Benefit's Hoola Bronzer, this is my choice product for conturing. As it is easier to transport than Hoola, I chose to take this.

Thierry Mugler, Alien: I own the full size of this fragrance but I had some samples flying around and as I view this as an autumn smell, I just grabbed them and put them into my bag. Alien is a rather flowery smell with spicy notes. It's not a smell I would normally go for, but Alien had me at first smell because it is somewhat mysterious and different.



Eyes:

Catrice Eyebrow Kit * : My choice product for filling in my eyebrows. I don't own a real alternative.

Manhattan Eyeshadow Trios & Duo: I opted for two trios and one quad, all by Manhattan. Not because they are the best I own but because they are small and compact and pretty decent. The trios are smokey eyes kits in brownish (left) and blackish (right) colours and the duo contains two berry coloured eyeshadows.

Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner, Black: My favourite liquid eyeliner, no surprise I packed this.

Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer: Again, my favourite concealer. Of all the concealers I own it has the best combination of coverage and staying power. It does crease a little bit but I have very oily skin so products wandering around is no novelty to me.

Lash curler: No idea by which brand that one is because this is still the very first lash curler I ever bought and that was ages ago and in a pharmacy where there are only very small brands.

* No idea, if it's called like that, the print on the box is completely worn away.



Lips:

MAC, Russian Red & Ravishing: I wanted to have uncomplicated lipsticks that I can rely on so I chose MAC's Ravishing, a beautiful natural peachy tone and Russian Red, a long lasting matte red.

IsaDora, Bare Berry: IsaDora is a brand of which I haven't tried anything more than the one lipstick I own. Perhaps I should change that because the quality of the lipstick is amazing. It's really creamy and has a good staying power and the colour, a dark berry tone with hints of beige, is wonderful for autumn.

Burt's Bees, Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter: One of the best lip balms without tint that grace my make up collection. It's rather small and compact and that was the reason why I chose this over other lip balms. Plus, it tastes delicious!



Eye Brushes:
Honestly, no idea why I packed as many brushes (or eyeshadows that is) because I'm usually too lazy to do something too elaborate. But still, I packed some blending brushes, one for the eyebrows and several that ended up as blending brushes for concealer. Save one by MAC, they are all by KokovonKosmo who is a German youtuber and has her own make up shop in which she is selling her own brushes.

Face Brushes:
These and my eyebrow brush are the only ones I used every single day. There is one blush brush by KokovonKosmo (right one) and the other two are by essence and I used them for contouring, especially the right one.




So, that's basically everything cosmetic related that flew with me to beautiful England. Needless to say, there was much more that came back with me, but that is another story. 
If you are interested in that, you'll have to wait until Sunday, I'm afraid, when there will be a gigantically long video about the make up I bought. You may as well be excited, haha.


What would you have taken additionally? Or would something out of my back have to stay at home if it was up to you?


Have a most splendid day!
xx

3 comments:

  1. That Estee Lauder blush looks so nice! Too bad it's way off my student budget :( I love the Essence brushes though - they're really good quality for the price!
    XO,
    Merrie from The Chicc Boutique ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the price is ridiculous, paying them really kinda hurt. Essence had a highlighter in their last LE I think that made a very similar effect to the Estee Lauder blush, I really love that!

      Delete