Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Review: Astor Soft Sensations Lip Colour Butters




Hi, fellow beauties!



Seeing that I didn't do a July favourites post/video as I just lack new things I tried and loved, I figured it was time to tell you about the one thing, or rather the five things, I just loved to death.
You might say "Why, five things are enough for one monthly favourite", but those five things are all of one kind and I thought a whole review for themselves would be more appropriate.

So, let me introduce you to my favourite lip products, the Astor Soft Sensations Lip Colour Butters.
Those are basically coloured lip butters that moisturise your lips and have an amazing colour pay-off. I initially got interested in them because my favourite beauty guru on YouTube compared them to the Revlon Lip Butters, which I'm desperate to try but can't get where I live. Until I'll be able to get my hands on them, she promised those would be a proper replacement.

Ahead I went and bought some. They did thirteen in total, some I haven't come across yet, and for some colours it was a proper hunt that took me weeks because with them being priced at 5,95 € they're really cheep and amazing and were sold out as soon as they had hit the shelves.




They look like giant crayons, very much like the Bourjois Colour Boost Lipsticks I believe they are called, which makes it very easy to apply them and they go on really creamy. Also, they have a rather pleasant smell and taste of nothing which I'm really happy of because I just hate lip products with a taste, safe it's really really good. I might make an exception then.

In case of wearing comfort they are all really good but each colour is a little bit different so I'll be giving you my thoughts on every single one I own.
Here you go!



008 Hug Me:
Hug Me is the newest addition to my collection and it is the one that literally took me weeks to find because it was always out of stock. When I found it I had actually given up on it and was just bored so I popped into the drugstore and just imagine how delighted I was when I found my little friend there waiting for me! It has a downright beautiful dusky pink colour with a hint of tulipwood and shimmer particles in it. I can't say too much on how long it lasts because this colour comes pretty close to my natural lip colour but it feels really comfortable on my lips, more like a lip balm than a lipstick actually, it's really creamy without being sticky and gives you a really natural look.






010 Pink Lady:
Now that was a colour I instantly fell in love with and the first one I bought. Not only because I love this particular variety of apple, but when I left home that day it was with the resolution not to return home unless I brought a light pink lipstick with me. You see, when I buy pink lip products, it always ends up being a really bright, attention seeking pink and that was for once not what I wanted. This baby is exactly what I had been looking for and is also the most worn one up until now. Its colour pays off so easily and it stays on the lips for so long.







011 Feeling Feline:
Feeling Feline is still rather pink but has its share of orange which gives it a coral touch. This is the lipstick I'm least content with in fact. It's lovely but out of all the ones I bought, it has the shortest wear and whenever I touch it up I find it's getting a little bit flaky on my lips, do you know what I mean? And if that happens I can't get those flake like things off properly which makes me a kind of hesitant to pick it over other lipsticks in the morning.








012 Unguilty Pleasure:
Have I mentioned that I love the names Astor gave their products? Namewise, Unguilty Pleasure is my favourite and it's also so pretty as well! When I want to wear a bright colour but don't feel like a heavy lipstick this is my product of choice, because the colour comes so near a 'real' lipstick without losing anything of the lightness of the formula of a lip butter. I also love wearing this when I where no make up at all. Sometimes when going outside for a bit I feel I need a pop of colour and that one is just perfect. It doesn't stay on as long as a proper lipstick but still, this one is incredible.








015 Cheeky Cherry:
This is the lip butter I actually saw a review on on YouTube and made me buy all the other ones. One of my favourite colours for a lipstick is a red with loads of pink in it or the other way round, which is exactly what this one's colour is. It really reminds me of Dior's Red Muse (444 out of Rouge Dior, but they don't do it anymore, I'm afraid) which is one of my all time favourites. It has a really long wear and survives its share of eating and drinking but a real problem with this one is that it's bleeding. You do have to use a lipliner with it which I'm most of the time too lazy to do and even if you do it still bleeds a little. If it didn't look so gorgeous and had the exceptional formula of that range I wouldn't actually like it I guess. But I'm complaining on a really high level here!





To put it all in a nutshell, these products are amazing and really cheep so if you spot them, give them a shot, you won't be disappointed! They are super pigmented for lip butters and make really soft lips. Although some colours are really bright, they look as natural as reds and pinks get and can be worn solo without any make up if you like that kind of look.
Every single one requires a little bit of special treatment but it's not hard to work them out and have fun with them!


I hope you've enjoyed this review! Tell me in the comments if you have tried those lip butters and if in any case you tried them as well as the Revlon Lip Butters please do tell me if they really are comparable, I'm ever so curious!


Have a most splendid day!
xx




15 comments:

  1. These look and sound great! Deffo gonna give them a go :) Great post!

    http://peace-loveandmake-up.blogspot.co.uk/

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering reading this post, the cheeky cherry is my favourite and I love the packaging & price tag too! Hope you're well!

    www.rachael-victoria.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheeky Cherry is just amazing! There's another red one called Va Va Boom or some such and it's more of a tomato red, I think that one would be amazing, too.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I love the Revlon lip butters, so I'm sure I'd love these too! Too bad they don't sell this brand in the US. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a chance to try them by now and I agree, they deserve the hype about them!
      I googled a little bit, you could have a look at www.remakeup.com, it seems they ship and sell Astor to the US as well :)

      Delete
  4. these look like great products! i really like the look of Cheeky Cherry - such a striking colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good, and I love the shades, all so pretty

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These shades are all so pretty! I want them all!!

    Christina | Passion Obsession - Currently hosting a beauty hamper giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice product review, i love the red one best, it suits you and red is always the best color next to pink.
    Following you now via GFC, hope you will follow us back too.
    Regards
    Patchoulii-Flog

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so fun and the shades you chose were such nice colors! They look great on you!

    - Marci | AmourMarci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I love the look of ALL these shades... they're so gorge! xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. These colours look so lovely <3 I particularly like the Cheeky Cherry one.
    Love from Jasmine @ rabbit-wood.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete